Monday, February 11, 2013

Spring = Skin Show

38 days until spring.  Spring can conjure up thoughts of flowers and picnics, bubbles and freshly cut lawns, bicycle bells and sweet breezes.  Know what else it means?  2 things.  Spring cleaning and clothes with less fabric. 

Spring cleaning is dreaded and yet, once done, produces a sense of accomplishment where you can fold your arms, scan your home and nod your head in approval of your hard work.

Could we say the same of our bodies this spring?  Could we get past the dread and focus on being successful so we can have that sense of empowering accomplishment?  When you get your mop and bucket, doesn't it become a teensy bit addictive...one room becomes two rooms becomes the whole house as your project? 

How about we apply this to our health? 

Pick one thing you desire to modify about your health.  Less soda?  More neighborhood walks?  Wearing those shorts at the bottom of the drawer?  And focus on that one thing.  Write it on your fridge.  Ask a friend to help you do it.  Go for it.  What do you have to lose? 

Let me skip to the finish line where I'm waiting at the end for you, cheering you on.  I am high-fiving you because you did it.  You started eating vegetables.  You ran sprints.  Your shirt has no sleeves.  You can do it.  Drop your excuses and change your life. 

Need a nudge in the right direction?  Oh, I'm so glad you asked.  I'm here to help.  Want a nutrition plan because your "healthy" diet isn't enough?  Want to do workouts that give you a sculpted physique instead of the old way that's just going to make you a smaller pear shaped person?  Email me for info.  I'm kind of into this health and nutrition stuff in a big way.  I'm writing this with dried sweat and workout clothes.

debsicola@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Great information. I can attest to all you are saying as I have begun to incorporate the things you are teaching me. I have gone down 2 waist sizes since I began applying your methods.

    For anyone who is seeking similar results, Debbie Wilkins is the person you want to listen to and work with.

    Jason Baisden

    ReplyDelete